Can I Create A Website That People Will Visit Again And Again?
Websites are a waste of money and time. Only if they don’t serve the purpose they were made for. Most people go online for just one reason– Get Information. Yet, what can you glean on most websites?
If you think about it, this is not a website problem. It’s a communication problem, which is why most advertisements fail. The customer wants information but most companies fail to do that.
They load you with a portfolio and with information about the company. It’s all about me, me, me. This primary reason causes more than 90% of all websites to be inefficient, useless and a waste of time.
It is also the prime reason why not many people make money off their website
If you start talking about YOU, no one is interested.
To give out credible, useful information is the prime function of every communication piece.
- It gives information and builds credibility.
- It builds the brand and allows you to earn off the brand.
- It builds customer loyalty.
- It allows customers to use it as a suggestion box. It’s not a perfect world and customers should be encouraged to let you know what can be fixed.
- It should achieve basic marketing principles. It should be solving a problem and aimed at a specific target audience.
- It should generate its own income like any profit center. It should justify its reason for existing.
“At the End Of The Day, Websites Aren’t For The Companies. They Are For The Customer”
Websites are a marketing tool. Use the principles of marketing to build and promote them. That entails having a target audience.
What’s surprising is that most websites have no objectives at all. They have no target audience. They are created because it’s fashionable to do so.
Screw the fashion. Understand the basics of internet marketing and communication. And if you don’t understand the basics, get someone who can!
>>We practice what we preach. If you’re looking for a website that adds value to your business, visit us at yeswebdesignstudio.com<<