As a web design agency, we focus a lot on making smart use of backlinks. We employ strategies to maximize their effectiveness. Unfortunately, people still lack enough information or understanding to appreciate the benefits of backlinks. The reason that we consider backlink important is because they add various effects on your website including your online website success. That is why we’re here to help you learn more about what backlinks and how you can best apply it to your business.
What are Backlinks?
Backlinks are one of the most used elements in search engine optimization (SEO) or we can say that backlinks are a part of the SEO process. (The process of improving the quality of traffic and ranking of websites to be ranked higher on search engine results page). The first basic thing you have to know is what backlinks are. Backlinks are links from a page or content that link to another website. These links are embedded in your contents and will lead back directly to your website when clicked.
Why are Backlinks Important?
- Good for Organic Ranking In general, having multiple backlinks to your website is good for your search engine ranking. However, just having high quantity backlinks is not always good because google also checks the quality of all the websites that link back to your website. Quality is also another factor that affects the ranking on search engine result page (SERP).
- More discoverability Search engines always look for new content to return the best results to people. The way they find it is revisiting pages or websites that they already found to gather new content and links. Moreover, people are more likely to find and visit your website faster if you have backlinks from popular websites as search engines usually visit popular websites more often, just like us. We prefer to read contents from well-known websites because it’s easy to find.
- Referral Traffic Backlinks help people discover great resources. They can click on links to visit the original website. That’s why those backlinks have to be clickable. The more clicks, the better traffic you get.
Furthermore, you should know the different types of backlink. There are many types of backlink, but we will focus on the three easy main types, to make it easy to remember.
Natural Editorial Links
You can find this type of backlink everywhere. It is a type of backlink that doesn’t require payment, which can happen naturally when your website content is interesting and is used as a reference. Those who are intrigued by your content will create a link back to your website and subsequently will make your website rank higher.
- Manual Link Building It is a link that’s created by yourself, whether it be submitting your website on directory websites, exchanging backlinks with other websites, or buying links from others. You have to be very careful if you want to buy links because it might not be worth it. especially if you work with a low quality SEO company. Our suggestion is you can buy an editorial article or start with an owned asset making your own video content on youtube, having a social channel, blog that can all link back to your website.
- Non-Editorial The kind of link that comes from comments on websites that allows people to write comments. Actually, this method is not strongly recommended because it can be considered a spam on some websites.
All of the above are little things that can help you understand more about backlinks.. The key take home message is the quality of the content of the website that links back to you. That will be what determines your success with search engine rankings.
If you’re looking for more useful tips and digital gems, about website building or the SEO, visit us at yeswebdesignstudio.com I Web Design Company. We have many interesting articles and that can benefit your journey!!
Facebook : yeswebdesignstudio
Instagram : yeswebdesign_bkk
twitter : yeswebdesignbkk